Code of Ethics
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, the owner and the public.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- We agree to work within our professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
- Proactively promote The IMDT.
King's K9 abide by the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers' Code of Ethics.